This role includes affiliation with the University of Michigan, Michigan Medicine, and Mott Children’s Hospitals, allowing for consultations in many pathology subspecialties, including pediatric pathology; neuropathology; surgical pathology; and in-house microbiology, clinical chemistry, and specimen processing.
With more than 185 faculty members and 850 trainees and staff members, the Pathology Department is the third largest clinical department at the University of Michigan. It is known for its collaborative and accomplished teams who work together to provide the best patient care possible while also performing cutting-edge research regarding disease pathogenesis.
University of Michigan Hospitals—Michigan Medicine was ranked #11 in the nation in the U.S. News 2019–20 Best Hospitals Honor Roll
- The qualified candidate will earn a competitive salary with excellent benefits, paid time off, and retirement plans.
- This is a unique opportunity to work a wide range of cases, including traumatic, natural, and toxicological deaths.
- The incoming physician will work alongside forensic pathologists, experienced autopsy technicians, forensic pathology fellows, a team of investigators, and a full-time biomedical photographer.
- Consulting forensic anthropologist, odontologist, and entomologist on staff
- Candidates of all experience levels are encouraged to apply.
Ranked by Niche
as the #2 best city to live in America, Ann Arbor offers an array of events and activities perfect for families and individuals alike. Filled with diversity and friendly individuals, our community will help you feel right at home as soon as you arrive.
U.S. News ranked Michigan #5 in Best States for Affordability and in the top 15 in Best States for Healthcare Access
- Ann Arbor boasts exceptional public and private schools, including two of the top 10 best public high schools and the #3 best private high school in the state, as well as the #1 public university in America (Niche)
- Detroit offers professional sporting events, incredible shopping and dining options, an international airport, and a variety of historical and cultural attractions
- Experience an active lifestyle with an abundance of outdoor recreation, including hiking, biking, golfing, camping, kayaking, and fishing
Candidates interested in this position must submit an inquiry through Merritt Hawkins to be considered.