8 Ways NPs Make Healthcare Better
Posted by Anonymous at 11/11/2016 11:44:48 AM
Happy National Nurse Practitioner Week!
November 13-19 is National Nurse Practitioner week, so be sure to thank any NPs you see this week. NPs continue to play a significant role in providing timely access to quality healthcare for millions of patients across America.
Here are 8 ways that they make healthcare better.
- There are over 220,000 NPs now licensed to practice in the U.S. helping to alleviate the effects of the physician shortage.*
- Over 97% of NPs can prescribe medications.
- 21 states and the District of Columbia allow NPs to practice independently.
- NPs play a crucial role in the growing trend of the population management/team-based care model.
- NPs are playing a growing role in healthcare delivery due to the increased scope of practice regulations, cost considerations, and their proven ability to increase patient access and patient satisfaction.
- Over 60% of NPs average 3 or more patients per hour.*
- “NPs emphasize the health and well-being of the whole person in their approach, including helping patients make educated health care decisions and healthy lifestyle choices.”*
- Taking roles in both primary care and specialty medicine, NPs supplement the physician workforce and allow physicians to practice to the top of their training.
Merritt Hawkins would like to thank all of the Nurse Practitioners out there who are making a huge impact on healthcare in America. Happy NP week!
*Sources: AANP.org, Merritt Hawkins 2016 Incentive Survey
We invite you to search our nationwide nurse practitioner jobs. If you have any questions or want more information regarding a physician job or any other matter, request a call from one of our expert physician recruiters.
Post a comment